Friday, 2 December 2011

RP Resources, Site Spotlight & other bits!

In ths second post today I’ll be detailing some useful RP resources, a new site spotlight and some other bits and pieces!

RP (Role-Play) Resources:

Admittedly, although I am in a RP guild on an RP server my experience doing actual RP is quite limited. I have previously read some of wowpriestess.com which was quite detailed in creating the back story and everything for your character but that site seems to no longer be around and it was awhile ago. So, I decided to do some research in finding some RP resource sites.

Blog Azeroth / TNB Wiki: As a blogger myself, my first instinct was of course to check out the TNB Wiki Site which is the Blog Azeroth wiki page listing resource sites and all blogs registered with Blog Azeroth. (http://wiki.twistednether.net)

If you haven’t already, head over to http://www.blogazeroth.com/, sign-up and post and introduction! Your blog will be listed on the next Twisted Nether Blogcast episode and after about a week or two, end up on the Wiki site!

I didn’t see any specific in the Resources part of it but there are a few listed up on the Blog List under RP in the Contents! One or two aren’t active anymore but there are still some great ones! (see below)

TNB Wiki: Roleplayers Resource: (http://roleplaytips.blogspot.com/) This is a great RP resource site with everything from various resources, addons, RP dictionary, names for specific races, etiquette, rules  etc… I really found this site useful and certainly put me in the right direction!

TNB Wiki: RP Made Simple: (http://rpmadesimple.com/) This is another great site which includes some quick hints and tips including a quick start guide and RP perspective and a resource site list!

Wow Insider RP: (http://wow.joystiq.com/category/rp/) Wow Insider is obviously one of the main Wow resource sites out there and a brilliant one for covering every subject including RP! In fact, I sometimes forget just how extensive the resources are on their site! So much knowledge covering everything Wow related!

That’s at least a few sites to get you started. I’ll probably be detailing more once I actually force myself into some RP in the very near future but the purpose of this was just to scratch the surface and send you in the right direction!

Site Spotlight:

This is a new part of my blog spotlighting some of my favourite sites and this one is no exception!









A community for Gaming, Tech, Podcasts, Humor and all things geek.

This is a MUST SIGN UP! I’m absolutely in love with this site! It tells you when you when new gaming podcasts are out, whether any of the podcasts registered with them are recording live or not, a full calendar and forums which includes forums for the podcasts as well! Even subscribing to the RSS I’m supplied with info of new episodes, community blog posts, news, you name it!

If you haven’t already, just go the site, click on Forums and register!

Other bits:

A new Audio Submissions page or Podcast Submissions page (can’t decide on a name, suggestions?) will be included on my blog and my Armory Links moved to my side bar.

The plan is to link initial and memorable audio submissions to podcasts such as my congrats to Ventchat & Slash2 for their 100th episodes, topics to 5WowThings the other week, my rant on The Sundering this past week, elaborate SFX entries for CtrlAltWow etc... My submissions to TheAddicted Podcast are my Audio Series entries which can be found on my Audio Series page.

It’ll take a little time to decide on which ones to go up but I’ll do a post once the page is live and at least a majority of the links are active.

P.S. This will also include a Halloween Vlog thing I did once I finish editing it this weekend as it’ll be part of my submission to JuunosCorner next week!

Blog Tips:

I haven’t got any specific ones this week but if you ever wanted to know how to do things like getting links to open in new tabs or just general advice I’ll at the very least point you in the right direction!

Cheers,

Rigarmorty

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I'll have some more RP stuff in the coming weeks!

    Cheers,

    Rig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read my mind? :D I just got RPer into my guild and I wanted to arrange some nice rp event for him but since being first time at RP I was just thinking that where on earth I'll find RP guide! Then I decided to check your blog from twitter and there it was, right on a front page! RP guide I was looking for! Yey!! Thanks a lot! :)

    - Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Misty - Thanks for the comment!

    Tehe, I must have been! I have got plans to put up some more RP stuff but I've barely been in Wow the past week or two and keep missing out on the server RP events. It should be enough to get your friend started atleast!

    What do you think of the Audio Submissions page idea? Not sure yet where I'll put it but it might be worth having on my blog.

    Cheers

    Rigarmorty

    ReplyDelete